Best Anti-Frizz Spray for Your Hair in Humidity
The Temperature is Rising, So is the FrizzSummer is coming up, and you need to keep your hair intact, especially in the humid weather. About one-third of all women deal with frizz all the time and preventing frizz is a difficult thing to do. If you are a person that continually deals with frizzy hair, you might need an anti-frizz spray to tame it. Anti-frizz spray is an excellent kind of product that can tame the frizz in your hair and allow you to be confident throughout the day.
What is Frizzy Hair?Let’s get back to the basics. Frizzy hair is tangles of hair that form into knots and tight curls. Frizzy hair can make your hair look messy and untamed. Sometimes, frizzy hair could be in “style.” Many brands and celebrities embrace frizzy hair in their advertising and marketing. As an artist, SZA, for example, embraces frizzy hair. In 2015, at the Outside Lands Music and Arts Festival at the Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, California, SZA shows off her spice colored frizzy hairstyle while performing on stage. So yes, frizzy hair isn't always a bad thing, but when it’s unwanted, that's when you need to tame it.
The Causes of Frizzy HairThere are some reasons why your hair becomes frizzy. Frizziness usually happens from a lack of moisture, unwashed and unkempt hair, and humid environments. Let's break it down.
- Hair Damage
Reason #1Not covering your hair with silk or satin fabrics or not sleeping in silver covered pillows. As hair is consistently in contact with harsh fabrics rubbing against it, the hair becomes more drying and therefore causes frizziness to happen.
Reason #2The hair products that you are using such as shampoos, bleaches, and dyes continually dry out your hair. Make sure that you regularly use products that can moisturize your hair. Look closely at the ingredients and try to prevent yourself from purchasing hair products with sulfate in them.
Reason #3Not deep conditioning your hair. Always use conditioner for your hair. It is essential. Deep conditioning allows the hair adds to the moisture of the hair and this makes it less prone to frizz due to humidity.
Microscopic Appearance of Frizzy HairWhen hair gets in contact with environmental elements such as humid, the outer layer turns from smooth to raised cuticles. Raised cuticles that have open overlapping scales are more susceptible to being chipped and damaged. Your hair porosity becomes high.
Hair PorosityHair can absorb moisture, and there are three categories of this: low, normal and high. Each type has a different level of raised hair cuticles. Hair with low porosity has smoother cuticle layers with overlapping scales that lay flat, and hair with high porosity tend to have a rough surface. Your goal is to have hair that is low porosity, and anti-frizz spray can help fix that when your hair interacts with humidity.
Reducing FrizzFrizz can happen to any hair type, straight, curly, or wavy. Though, curly hair tends to have more frizz than straight hair. The dehydration of the hair strands leaves the hair more vulnerable to frizziness. Many hair products can reduce frizz such as gels, hair waxes, and yours truly, Anti-Frizz Sprays.
What is Anti-Frizz spray?Anti-frizz spray is a spray that instantly can tame your frizzy or static, hairs. It’s a taming machine. Hair and humid don't mix, so it's perfect for the humid summer weather. It is a law to keep anti-frizz hairspray in your purse on a humid day.
Why use Anti-Frizz Spray?It’s easier to “spray” your hair with anti-frizz products. It’s convenient, and you don’t need to go to the bathroom every single time you would need to re-apply the anti-frizz product. Here are five top anti-frizz hairsprays that will be worth your while:
1. The Living Proof No Frizz Humidity ShieldThe Living Proof No Frizz Humidity Shield is a great product to have handy during the humid weather. It can easily block humidity up to 100%. Great right? It tames the first signs of frizz. A bonus is that this product protects against damage from UV rays. This product is excellent for chemically treated hair and dyed hair. Your hair will not feel greasy.
2. Sexy Hair Smooth and Seal Anti Frizz and Shine SprayThis Frizz and Shine Spray is an excellent humidity resistant anti-frizz spray that protects your hairstyle. You can use this product on hair extensions. This product seals your hair cuticles for increased shine. What is great about this product is that it also protects dyed or colored hair from fading away.
3. Garnier's Hair Care Fructis Style Frizz Guard Anti-Frizz Dry SprayThis Anti-Frizz Dry spray is a very affordable product whose mission is to zap away your frizzy hair instantly. This product can seal your strands to reduce frizz. Taming unpredictable frizz is its specialty.
4. Suave Smooth Anti-Humidity Non-Aerosol HairsprayThis non-aerosol hairspray is a great asset to have. It offers hold for frizz resistance when humidity is up to 95%. You’ll gain a brushable finish. Keep this spray handy.
5. RUSK Anti-Frizz SprayThis lightweight spray is excellent for long-lasting frizz control and humidity resistance on your hair. What’s great about this product is that it strengthens hair and you can use this spray before and after styling.
How to Use Anti Frizz Hair SprayUsing anti frizz spray is reasonably easy to do but with technique. Make an anti-frizz spray the final touch to any hairstyle. Hold the spray bottle about 6 to 10 inches away from your hair. Routinely section each part of the hair out in a medium size. Spray each section. Smooth the hair with your fingers to comb through the product to tame the Frizz. And voila, your hair is back to its smooth and silky texture. Remember to use on dry hair.
Get Ready for a Frizz-Free Summer!In addition to purchasing these anti-frizz sprays, take extra steps to reduce frizziness such as sleeping on silk and satin pillows, drinking water, and conditioning your hair. All these things will contribute to your frizz taming journey and effectively help you out.
More from: Products
Leave a comment