Learn More About The Impressive Paul Mitchell SchoolHey, CEOs! Get ready for inspiration and education motivation with my article about the incomparable Paul Mitchell. I know you may be at the point where you're questioning if this hair idea is ever going to work. You see tons of people on social media selling hair, as well as other accessories and they seem to be living their best life. Truth is you look at your life, and you feel as if you're not ever going to achieve your desired level of success. You have the passion for hair and want to make it your career. Passion is great, but as I always say "there are levels to this hair game" and I hope that by sharing with you Paul Mitchell's story you will see that passion is a part of his success, but it's not the only ingredient. You'll also learn about the Paul Mitchell School and how you can get started with them. Usually, I give you a playlist for you to press play on as you read my article. However this time we won't be listening to music because you don't need any distractions. Mr. Mitchell's background on how he started in the hair industry and the programs in his school will help you to make an educated decision on starting your career in the hair industry. The company continues to be hugely successful and influential even after he passed away. His son keeps the company's legacy moving forward. He owns his hair salon and works with John Paul Dejoria to continue operating the John Paul Mitchell Systems and schools. One of the primary keys to success is always learning about those who have paved the way for you and learn lessons along the way. I think you'll enjoy this article so let's get started.
About Paul MitchellPaul Mitchell is a Scottish American hair stylist. His mother was a hairdresser so you can say that he followed in his mother's footsteps. Just like most of us he had another job before he decided to become a hairdresser. By the age of 18, he was already winning awards which I'm pretty sure to cement his decision to continue his mother' legacy. He and John Paul Dejoria did start John Paul Mitchell Systems in 1980 with only $700, and they opened the first Paul Mitchell School in 2000. Paul Mitchell remains one of the most iconic and identifiable hair care products in the United States. With over 30 years in the hair in the in the industry, they continue to educate over 10,000 students in over a hundred schools in over 81 countries every year. The most important pillar is innovation, and they do this well. They are continually looking for new ways to provide high-quality education tourists to their students as well as develop new products. The biggest lesson entrepreneurs can learn is that Paul Mitchell and his partner did start their company with $700, a passion for the products they sell, and the ability to scale their business. We always think that we have to have tons of money to launch a brand, but that's not the case. Especially today with the ability to use social media to start your company for free. Subsequently, you can continue to upgrade your tools and resources as your company grows. Paul Mitchell is a real success story and shows anyone within the hair industry how they can to create a life based on their passion, determination, and hard work, Comment below with your favorite product you are using from the Paul Mitchell hair care line.
John Paul Mitchell ProgramsJohn Paul Mitchell Schools are created to provide current stylist with advanced instruction and knowledge within their industries. There are over a hundred locations, and they're continuing to expand. Their programs are diverse and provide quality instruction to those seeking a license as a cosmetologist, barber, or nail technician. The key to the success of the John Paul Mitchell Schools is their love for the hair industry has continued to push the boundaries of what they teach beauty professionals across the country.
Components of the Paul Mitchell SchoolsI want to cover the critical components of the schools because I believe they are critical to the overall operation of each program they offer. The fact that they've taken the time to focus in on the critical aspects of the programs shows how are dedicated to helping each student complete the course, pass their state exams and start successful careers. Check out some of them below and understand how each one plays an intricate part in the overall programs:
1. Identification of learning stylesOne consideration they think about is the learning style of their students. Learning styles have a direct reflection on how students will learn, retain, and retrieve the information they have learned.
2. Experienced beauty instructorsPaul Mitchell Schools prides itself on providing experienced beauty instructors to help students on the road to success in any of its programs. Because of this instructors are referred to as learning leaders. They are instrumental in guiding students through their program a well as helping them pass the state board exam. Their primary goals are to make the learning process as easy as possible while also assisting students to establish a unique style for their future careers.
3. Student supportA lot of programs ignore this component or don't give it enough attention. Support is critical to most programs because it helps students throughout and after the program. If you ever have taken a course and felt like you were out on your own, you won't feel that way within Paul Mitchell's programs. They connect with you online, through their apps, as well as provide you with professional tools to utilize.
4. Digital supportTechnology continues to advance, and Paul Mitchell remains a leader in providing the most innovative tools for digital support. Digital support is set up to allow you to manage your schoolwork regardless of where you are. You can connect whether you're on the go, at home or school. The online portal is easy to use, and you're able to connect via your smartphone tablet or computer. Access to your class work is right at your fingertips, so you don't have to worry about missing information or not being able to submit required class work. The portal also has some cool stuff included in it such as contest, product news, and events such as salon openings. The portal is great for motivating you to continue in the program and successfully pass your state board exam because there are salon profiles to help you learn more about potential employers. There's also other career-enhancing interview and resume tips.
FAQs About The School
AccreditationThe sign of an excellent educational program is whether it is accredited or not. Accreditation validates that the program is a professionally and financially stable. The Department of Education accredits Paul Mitchell Schools, National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences, and Council on Occupational Education. Remember, you have to spend money to make money. Paul Mitchell's brand equity carries weight and being a graduate of one of the courses listed below will be impressive to a lot of salons as well as clients.
Cost of AttendanceThe basic cost of attendance of attendance, for 2018, is the following:
- Tuition and fees $12,800
- Books and supplies $2,250
- Room and board (on-campus) $13,515
- Various media instructional materials
- Professional grade styling tools
- Business skills
- Educational advancements
- Leadership skills
- Career skills
- Merchandising and retail skills
- Portfolio skils
- Dean’s list
- Industry events
- Salon open house
- Honors level
Paul Mitchell School ProgramsBelow is a brief description of the courses they offer for the hair industry:
1. Barbering ProgramA barber career can be extremely lucrative, and the program is perfect for those who are seeking to solidify their skills with a well-respected school. There are three levels to the program, and it provides you with quality hands-on training in haircuts, color, and texture. The program is an excellent boost to your professional career.
2. Cosmetology ProgramThe cosmetology program will get you well prepared for the state exam. This course provides three levels of instruction to help you make for your new career. The three levels are below:
Level One CoreWith guidance from a Core Learning Leader, you will be able to learn about:
- Precise haircutting techniques
- Hair lightening and coloring
- Perming hair
Level Two - AdaptiveIn the second phase of the program, you get the opportunity to:
- Gain hands-on experience with actual clients
- Get experience working in a salon environment
- Work with your Learning Leader who will provide mentorship
Level Three - CreativeFor the final phase of training you will be able to:
- Plan out and create your career portfolio
- Increase your proficiency as you start your career
- Create a study plan and prepare to pass the State Board
- Execute services independently
- The Paul Mitchell Cutting app
- Live models
- Video tutorials
- Mannequin heads
- Live demos
- Live models
Final Educational StepThe next step in the process is to pass the State Board. Paul Mitchell Schools is intent on helping all its students achieve this critical milestone. Remember, before you can begin working as a cosmetologist, you must pass the exam.
What Are Guest Services?As you see in Levels 2 and 3 of Phase one, you will be providing services to guests at the local locations. The advantages of giving guest services are:
- Gaining more experience with customer service
- Improving your skills and knowledge
- Providing haircut, wash, and blow-dry services
- Gain additional training with color, lightning, and foil techniques
- Refining your skills in shaving, beard grooming, and scalp care
Build Your Career With A Globally Respected BrandMr. Mitchell began his company with a friend. This is a prime example of how collaborations and support can take you further than trying to do things on your own. The hair care products are hugely profitable, and it makes sense for them to venture into creating the Paul Mitchell Schools. The Paul Mitchell brand remains a leader in the hair care industry because of its products and its educational programs. If you have been unsure of where to start with your cosmetology career Paul Mitchell is an excellent option. They are a well-known brand with excellent reviews and leading technology to ensure you're successful in any of their courses. Linking yourself up with such a respected brand is the right choice. Go ahead and tag us in your post once you decide to sign up for one of the programs. Let everyone know how serious you are about taking your passion for hair to the next level by becoming licensed through one of the Paul Mitchell programs. Remember we are always here to help you and we are cheering you on every day. We look forward to seeing you be successful because that's why we're here to make sure that you get the resources and information you need to grow your hair company or start your hair career. As I always say, "Don't worry about proving the haters wrong. It's time for you to prove yourself right"!
More from: Education