Different Ways to Switch Up Your Wig When it Becomes BlandWe all get excited when we get a new wig ! Having new hair is like being a new person. It's exciting, and you can't wait to show it off. What about 3-4 weeks later? Many people start to feel unexcited by having the same wig. Maybe you are guilty of not giving their wig the proper treatment it needs to look marvelous. So what do you do? Most people decide they want to get new hair. Well put that wallet down and take that wig out of the closet because I am about to open you to a world of wig renovation and rejuvenation! In this blog post you'll learn how you can make your hair lovable and unique once again.
Wig CareBefore you focus on changing up your style or making a wig, it is essential to adequately care for your hair. Wigs, whether human or synthetic, should be given proper treatment just as you would care for real hair. It may be a bit less effort, but to keep your hair in excellent condition, it needs proper care. Human hair and synthetic wigs have different methods to keep them maintained and looking great. We all dread when our hair starts to look a tangled mess! Many think there is no way to restore it. I'm here to tell you that you can replenish your hair and have it looking as good as new. You can correct these issues and prevent future problems with a few tips:
- TIP 1- Buy shampoo and conditioner specifically meant for wigs. Sometimes the chemicals from our regular hair washing products can be too harsh for wigs, so it is imperative to buy the right hair care products. The great thing is there are specific products for human and synthetic wigs so you can use the proper products.
- TIP 2- Do not sleep or shower with your wig! I'm sure many of you know this but, make sure you take your wig off before you shower and rest to keep it in it's best condition.
- TIP 3- Keep your wig in the proper place. Do not leave your wig lying on the floor or in some random spot. It is best to put your hair where you would typically hang it so that it does not become tangled. This makes it is easy for you to grab and install the next day.
- TIP 4- Gently brush out your wig when necessary. You do not want excess hair coming out of your wig (more of a problem with synthetic). Gently detangle your hair to keep it nice and thick.
- TIP 5- Do not neglect your natural hair to wear a wig. Make sure your natural hair is well taken care of as well! I cannot stress this enough. It is just as necessary to keep your hair in tip-top shape as well as your wig. Your natural hair should be your number one priority.
Synthetic Vs. Human Hair WigsBased on the type of hair extensions there are different changes that you can make. Although synthetic hair may be more straightforward to install and more affordable, it is not as versatile as human hair. You cannot make as many changes to your synthetic wig as you can to a human hair one but don't worry! There are various ways you can style your synthetic wig. These styles will make all the difference if you feel your hair is dull. If you are looking for a quick and cheap wig that needs little to no styling right out of the box then synthetic hair is your best bet. Synthetic hair may be what is right for you when it comes to cost too and that is perfectly okay. There are some benefits to choosing human hair as well. Although human hair is more expensive than synthetic hair, it has higher durability and lasts longer than synthetic hair. Human hair is also very versatile! If you are getting tired of your wig and feel the need to switch it up, look no further than this article because I'm about to give you several different ways you can slay your wigs and create several different great looks for yourself.
Five ways to Evolve Your WigNow that you know more about the different wig options available let's see how to bring them back to life!
Styling With HeatThere are several types of human hair wigs. Malaysian, Brazilian, straight, body wave, curly, long, short, and many several different colors. For this blog, we are going to start with a long black straight weave, something delightful and simple. It is a natural go to look, and you can never go wrong with the traditional straight hair because you can rock it with anything! After the third week though, you may start to get tired of it, and you want to go for a more striking look. One of the easiest ways to switch up your hair is with heat. With a curling iron, you can quickly turn your hair from sexy and sleek to cute and curly with a little bit of time. Unlike some types of synthetic hair, human hair works great with heat. The second significant advantage is that when you want your hair straight again, you can efficiently use a flat iron to get that look right back. Styling with heat is an excellent option because you can go from straight to curly any time you'd like without damaging your wig. With synthetic hair, this styling technique may be a bit tricky. You need to make sure that your wig is heat friendly to switch up your style. If it is then this is an effortless way to give your hair some personality.
Dyeing Your WigFor those of you who have synthetic wigs, lucky for you it is possible to dye your hair! Because of the materials that make up Synthetic hair (nylon and acrylic), it is necessary to dye it in a different way than the human hair. Many people do not know that you can dye a synthetic wig, but there is one factor that may disappoint people who may want to go blonde. You cannot dye your wig lighter, only darker. There will also be a hair dye that is specific to synthetic wigs. A significant suggestion to address this issue is to start off with lighter hair so that when you get bored with it, you can dye it darker. Instead of having dark hair and not being able to dye it at all. If you want to dye a synthetic wig more than one color, it is best to start with a platinum blonde wig and then dye it the way you desire so that the colors come out well. Using a darker wig to dye your hair will not go very well because the colors will blend instead of change to the color you hoped to get. Unlike synthetic wigs, human hair wigs can be dyed super easily. You can use any regular hair dye for natural hair can on a human hair wig. You can dye the hair lighter, but this should be at your discretion as the bleach may weaken the hair on the wig. It is also a great idea to wash your wig after you dye it to give it a beautiful natural shine. Some hair dyeing techniques include a split dye, highlights, ombre, balayage, streaks, etc. There are many fun ways to make your hair look stunning.
Cut Some BangsBangs are an edgy and innovative way to switch up your hair in a significant way. Although it's cute, there needs to be a lot of patience and precision when considering this route. You do not want to ruin your wig because you cut your bangs too short. Here are a few steps to help you trim your bangs the right way: Pull out the hair that you want to cut into bangs and tie the rest back. This will make it is easier to focus on that specific part.
- TIP 1- Make sure you use scissors specifically for hair cutting. It cuts neater than regular scissors would.
- TIP 2- Make sure the hair is straightened well to help you achieve a clean cut
- TIP 3- Cut the hair a little above the nose. This will help get the initial inches off to make the final cut easier.
- TIP 4- Once you are making the final cut, look straight up into the mirror and slowly cut off the hair. Do this so you do not mess up your bangs and cut them too short
The Long and Short BobThe bob is a great look to go for if you are getting tired of long hair. Two super cute looks are the long bob and short bob. Depending on what style you feel like rocking, you might want to start off with the long bob. Later you can cut the long bob or just go straight for the short bob look. Both looks are readily achievable with patience and research. Some great tips to successfully achieving both looks are:
- TIP 1- Get hair cutting scissors - regular scissors may work but scissors explicitly made for hair helps you produce a clean, sleek cut
- TIP 2- Straighten your hair before you trim it - this step is essential because if you leave your hair curly while cutting, it makes it more difficult for the cut to be precise. Also if you feel like rocking a straight bob one day your haircut will be uneven because the cut transpired when your hair was curly.
- TIP 3- Take your time. Cutting hair is a simple task, but you need to be patient to get an edgy and sleek look.
Accessorizing Your Original WigAlthough I listed several tips and tricks on how to switch up your hair, I know that some people love a long straight weave and just want temporary changes. That's okay too because there are several options for you. And the great thing is these styles are both human and synthetic hair friendly. A few simple forms include:
- Wearing a hat - hats work well with straight hair and are a simple, cute way to change your look temporarily. The other great thing is that there are so many different hats to choose from. The options are endless.
- Updos - There are many ways to tie up your hair. The most common ways are a high and low ponytail, a bun, half tied up and half down.
- Tying scarfs - it seems to be a trend now to tie the front of your hair with patterned scarves, and I am all the way here for it. Channel your inner Aaliyah with this super comfortable but stylish hairdo.
How Will You Customize Your Wig?There are several unique ways to style your wig. You do not have to keep your wig the same throughout the time you have it. There are so many options out there to make it your own. Curling, coloring, and accessorizing are a few of the many ways to make your wig personal to yourself. Don't be afraid to try something different! Take a risk and do something with your wig you have never done before. There are so many ways to customize your wig to fit your personality and who you are. Don't be afraid to express yourself through your hair. And most importantly, don't forget to slay!
More from: Wigs