Take Your Pick
Shampoos and Conditioners for Curly HairYou know that curly hair can come in all different shapes and sizes. Body waves, deep waves, or Spanish waves are great styles to wear. But when it comes to washing or conditioning your hair or hair extensions, you want to have the best products to keep the bounciness and shine of the curls.
Shampoos and Conditioners are Best FriendsThe point of shampooing is washing the hair of oils, grease, and impurities that prevent it from looking it's very best. While shampooing could make your curly hair extensions appear dry and dull, conditioner does a great job of creating that smoothness and shininess of your hair, and It can also help redefine your hair’s texture. You want excellent shampoos and conditioners that offer much more than just washing your curls.
Ingredients Wanted in your Shampoos and ConditionersA bonus to many innovative shampoos and conditioners is that there are ingredients added to that can strengthen, moisture, and prevent breakage. Curly-friendly ingredients in your shampoo and conditioner bottles are usually plant-based, organic, or raw ingredients. It’s always great to look for natural oils and ingredients in your shampoo bottles.
Ingredients for ShineOlive oil and palm oil are great additions to shampoo and conditioners to give it shine and moisture.
Ingredients for StrengthCoconut oil is a famous ingredient in shampoos and conditioner that can provide strength to your curly hair extensions. Pro-vitamin B5 and vitamin E also provide power. These ingredients can penetrate, strengthen, and thicken hair.
Ingredients to Prevent BreakageHydrolyzed keratin does a great job of nourishing hair to prevent breakage. It is famous for reviving hair that has been damaged by coloring and bleaching. These ingredients help keep the hair looking and feeling great. Before you decide to purchase your shampoo there are some things you need to know:
- Try to shy away from the daily use shampoos that contain sulfate.
Why People Use Shampoos that Contain SulfateSodium lauryl sulfate is a famous ingredient in traditional shampoos. It includes both a salt and a detergent. Many people who have excessive amounts of dandruff use sulfate shampoos such as Sulfur8 Shampoo. Those that use Isoplus Neutralizing Shampoo, another sulfate shampoo, is usually after the hair relaxing process. Sulfur8 shampoo is known for cleaning scalp of dandruff flakes. Isoplus Neutralizing Shampoo is usually used immediately after chemically relaxing one's hair to help to restore the hair's natural pH preventing damage to the hair. It is recommended to use these kinds of products as little as possible and when necessary. Use a sulfate-free shampoo more frequency if your ideal washing is a “daily use” or once a week.
Remember to Read the LabelWe automatically think that a $30 shampoo or conditioner bottle is better than a $12 one. Look at the label, compare the ingredients. As stated before, look for ingredients that can help your hair such as coconut oils and keratin. Once you find a shampoo or conditioner that satisfies all your ingredient needs, you do not need to worry about the next shampoo or conditioner. Also, take the time to see if there are any ingredients that you want to avoid. Some customers do not like ingredients such as parabens, phthalates, petroleum, or propylene. Try to research the components that are in the shampoos and conditioners and figure out what your comfort level is. Here are five shampoos and conditioner duo sets you should consider purchasing the next time you want to create beautiful, defining, and bouncy curly hair extensions! These shampoos, cleansers, and conditioners are great for your hair extensions, and also your own natural curls! Remember that although your hair extensions are not attached to a scalp anymore, still take your hair extensions seriously and use products that will reduce the dryness and frizziness of them! It is famous for shampoos to have matching conditioners. But, it is a choice to decide if you would like a bottle of shampoo from one brand and a conditioner from another brand. It is your preference. Many love a curl-friendly shampoo from Shea Moisture but a conditioner from DevaCurl.
1. Shea Moisture: Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo and ConditionerThis shampoo and conditioner is wonderful for thick curly hair extensions, and it also detangles the hair. It contains coconut oils and neem oils, and it helps with moisture. This shampoo helps with getting shiny, bouncy curls and an added ingredient, organic shea butter, which moisturizes the hair. The shampoo is watery and moisturizing. The product pours out nicely. It adds shine. Your fingers can comb through the hair extensions. For this conditioner, many of the ingredients are the same as the shampoo. The hair extensions will end up becoming soft and coily. You can find these products at any favorite drugstore such as Walmart, Target, CVS, etc. This product sells for around $12.00 each. This product does not contain any phthalates, parabens, DEA, petroleum, mineral oil, formaldehyde, and propylene.
2. OGX Quenching Coconut Curls Shampoo and ConditionerWhat special about these OGX products are the fragrances. The scent is to die for! If you want your hair extensions with the best smells, this is the product you wish to purchase for your curls. This shampoo is a curl defining shampoo that controls frizz and includes coconut oil, honey, and citrus oil. This product is for nourishing your curls and keeping them bouncy. This product does not contain sulfate--meaning that it is sulfate-free. Yay! And they are also not tested on animals. The shampoo has a thick texture and with a white pearl-like color. This conditioner is a great product that defines your curly hair extensions' spirals and twists. The product helps manage your hair by easy detangling. The sweet honey and citrus oil is an excellent addition to the luxurious curls you're going to get after your hair washing and styling routine. You can find these products at any popular drugstore such as Walmart, Target, CVS, etc. that sells for around $6.00 each.
3. Moroccan Oil Curl Enhancing Shampoo and ConditionersThis duo set is best known for their specialty for all hair types such as dry, frizzy, oily, thick, mixed textured, dyed, and damaged hair. These are great products for those that are unsure about what type of hair they have. This shampoo is a great product that is color safe for those that have dyed their hair extensions. It’s a curl-boosting shampoo that has added argan oil for shine and allows you to efficiently manage and detangle your curls. It’s a great cleanser that creates smoother and bouncier hair. The conditioner is also a safe color product. Your hair dye won’t wash away. This conditioner is a great curl defining product that can tackle your curly hair extensions' lingering problems of dryness and damage. It is a guarantee that your curls will end up feeling softer than ever. You can find this product at Sephora or Nordstrom for around $28 each.
4. The DevaCurl: FOR CURLY HAIR NO-POO ORIGINAL Zero Lather Conditioning Cleanser and the FOR CURLY HAIR ONE CONDITION ORIGINAL Daily Cream ConditionerDevaCurl prides itself on its "How to Quit Shampoo for Frizz-Free Defined Curls" campaign. Their company states “the easiest thing you can do to get gorgeous curls is to ditch your shampoo. Without the harsh chemicals found in most traditional formulas, your hair is a transformation. No more dryness. No more frizz. All you’re left with is beautiful, healthy curls that can handle any style you feel like trying”. This cleanser is a great way to wash your hair. It’s a nonlathering product that infuses with peppermint and beaded oil without taking away the natural hair oils. This conditioner is a great product to add a dose of moisture to your curly hair extensions. The product has olive oil that is nourishing, and it brings softness and allows your hair to hydrate naturally. These products prices vary and base by size. You can find these great products at Sephora or on the DevaCurl website.
5. L’Oréal EverCurl HydraCharge Shampoo and ConditionerL’Oréal wants to put respect on your hair! This shampoo claims to be a nondrying agent with coconut oil infused that quenched hair for soft manageable and hydrated curls that are ever defined. The product does not include any sulfates, salts, or surfactants that can strip the natural oils from your hair. This conditioner is great for curly hair extensions. It is just as excellent as the related shampoo it’s a great hydrating and quenching product that leaves the curls defined. This product is usually $8, and you can find it at your local drugstores such as Walmart, Target, CVS, or Walgreens.
Maintain your Curl Patterns on Wash Day!Getting the right shampoos, cleansers, and conditioners, for your curly hair extensions are essential to maintaining your natural curl patterns and desired hairstyles. There are hair shampoos and conditioners out there that may not give your curly hair extensions the right attention to details that matter the most. Natural ingredients and products that do not contain the harsh ingredients definitely are worth trying! What shampoos and conditioners do you use for your curly hair extensions?
More from: Products