6 Ways To Grow a Thicker Ponytail You Can Do Now!
Ponytails are super convenient and usually require little to no effort. Each ponytail is unique and can go from cute and shy to fun and sexy within minutes. We all love a nice ponytail, but sometimes no matter how hard we try, creating the perfect one is just impossible. Whether it’s too flat, short, or without enough length or volume, we understand that achieving a bomb ponytail can be a bit difficult. Whatever your reason is, know that you are not alone! That is why we’ve compiled a list of hacks that will help you to get the beautiful pony that you’ve always wanted! Ready to take your ponytail to another level? Check out these six hacks that will grow it within minutes.
1. The Double Ponytail TricksAfter finding this secret, I thought “Where in the world have you been all my life?!!” So often, women want to rock a cute and fun ponytail but don’t because we think it won’t look as fabulous as the one on the cover of Cosmopolitan. I’m here to tell you that you no longer have to fear because if done correctly, this hack will give you the runway ponytail that you’ve always wanted. Every girl should have this hack in her clutch because it saves time and money and gives the illusion of a more voluminous ponytail. Say goodbye to lifeless and dull ponytails because this hack will leave you with a fuller and longer hair look within minutes!
How To Achieve The Look:1. Separate your hair into two vertical sections, one at the top and one at the bottom. 2. Gather the top half into a semi-high ponytail and secure with a hair tie. Do not tie your hair too tightly. 3. Gather the bottom half of your hair into a second ponytail and secure with a hair tie. Once again, don't tie your hair tightly. 4. Smooth and blend sections to create a chic, fun, and classic ponytail! 5. Add light curls or waves to give texture and then you’re all done! Need a quick tutorial? Check out a step by step video here.
2. The Perky PonytailHave you ever just wanted a more “perkier” pony? One that swings from side to side and sits up with poise and class? Maybe your tail is known for slouching or looking flat due to your hair’s texture or length or just lack of knowledge on how to construct a proper ponytail. This hack will add height to your ponytail within minutes and is super easy to do. Whether you’re looking for a corporate hair look or rushing to the gym, this style is a classic, and you can wear it almost anywhere.
How To Achieve The Look:Here’s how to transform your ponytail from stiff and flat to one with perk and personality: 1. Gather hair into a ponytail and secure with a hair tie. 2. Stick two bobby pins underneath your ponytail, going through the hair tie. This step adds “perkiness” to your tail. 3. Gently brush and fluff out hair for a sleeker look and you’re all set! Need a visual? Check out this short tutorial on this ponytail look.
3. Jumbo Braided PonytailRapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your long braid! If you’re anything like me, you like a little sugar and spice added to your hair. While the standard free flowing pony is classic, jumbo braided ponytails have become popular over the years because of their versatility and flexibility. This style adds length, texture, and thickness all while protecting your tresses. One of the best things about this technique is that it gives your natural hair a break and allows you to be creative by trying different textured extensions. Whether your locks are curly, long, straight, or short, you can wear this style with almost any hair texture. It is also very affordable and perfect for vacation hair or a hair look for special occasions.
How To Achieve The Look:For this look, you will need synthetic braiding hair. You can easily find synthetic hair at the beauty supply store. 1. Gather hair into a ponytail while using a brush and holding gel to lay down flyaway hairs. 2. If your hair is thicker, secure with a hair tie and if thinner, secure with a rubber-band, forming a mini bun. 3. Separate synthetic hair into two sections using a hair tie while leaving a piece of the hair tie visible. 4. Attach synthetic hair to your ponytail. 5. Braid synthetic hair in a downward motion and secure ends with a rubber-band. 6. Cover bun with synthetic hair and secure with bobby pins. 7. Dip hair into hot water. 8. You’re all set! Need a quick tutorial? Here’s a short video on how to create this jumbo braid look.
4. Ariana Grande PonytailPop singer Ariana Grande is known for way more than her beautiful voice. For years her signature ponytail has hit the scene and has had everyone hashtagging #ponytailgoals. Ariana usually wears her pony high, sleek, and with full of body. If installed correctly, this style will look as if it has grown directly from your scalp and make your locks appear longer and fuller. Have you wanted to rock Ariana’s fun and flirty ponytail? If so, you’re in luck because we have all the details on how you can! This ponytail is ideal for ladies with medium to long length hair.
How To Achieve The Look:For this look you will need custom clip-ins. If you want to add length, thickness, and volume to your pony in less than 10 minutes, be sure to try this hack! 1. Brush through hair to ensure that it is tangle free. 2. Gather a small ponytail at the center of your hair, leaving the perimeter out 3. For this step you will need clip-ins. We offer a variety of clip-ins at Private Label Extensions. Attach clip-ins to the top of your ponytail in the middle. Move clip-ins in a circular motion as if you are shaping the ponytail. TIP: The density of your hair will determine how many sets of clip-ins you should add. 4. Gather hair into a ponytail and secure with a hair tie. 5. Conceal hair tie with a small piece of hair from the ponytail and secure with a bobby pin. 6. Use hairspray or holding gel to slick any excess hair down 7. You’re all set! Check out a quick demo showing you how to get Ariana Grande's look.
5. Stack It PonytailSometimes, all you have to do is stack it up! This ponytail is an illusion and guaranteed to make your pony lookup to 5x longer. This style doesn’t require any extension and is ideal for ladies with a medium to long hair length and thicker hair texture. This look requires a decent amount of teasing, adding heat, and applying various products to the hair, but the results are stellar and worth giving it a shot! This hack makes your hair appear fuller and is worn by celebrities like Khloe Kardashian and Vanessa Hutchens.
How To Achieve The Look:1. Apply mousse and spray gel to hair to create texture. Use comb or fingers to work on hair. 2. Blow-dry hair while teasing it to create volume. 3. Brush hair to smooth out any bumps. 4. “Stack” two ponytails by separating hair into a top and bottom section. The top pony should be a bit high while the lower one should align with your ears. 5. Apply more hairspray and blend hair together. 6. Create waves with curling wand (optional). 7. You’re all set! Need a quick tutorial? Check it out a full video tutorial here!
6. Phony PonytailI’m sure you’ve heard of “faking it until you make it.” For our final hack, that’s what we are going to do. All you will need is a drawstring ponytail of your choice to get the appearance of longer, thicker, and more voluminous hair. The great thing about this style is that you can wear it with shorter or longer hair. It also doesn’t require as much heat or products as the other ponytails. This technique is super versatile and quick to do!
How To Achieve The Look:1. Gather hair into ponytail while using gel and a brush to lay down any flyaway hair 2. Tie down hair with scarf or sit under dryer to ensure hair is dry and smooth 3. Attach drawstring ponytail to natural hair 4. You’re all set! Check out this helpful tutorial on how to create this look here! These are just a few of our favorite ways to get a thicker ponytail. If you have any hacks let us know in the comments!
More from: Hair Care
Leave a comment