5 Reasons to Increase Profit and Engagement
Stop what you’re doing and take a moment to search a few of your favorite brands online.
These companies can be related to fashion, food, home improvement, and even hair. Do they have anything in common? I guarantee that you’ll most likely notice that most of them, if not all, have a section for a blog on their site. You may also find you’re already familiar with a few of their blogs because of your connection to those brands.
As the art of blogging continues to grow, more companies are picking up on the benefits of this tool. It is more than just pages of written content – it’s the ultimate boost for your brand’s platform.
The Basics of Blogging for Your Hair Brand
The key to blogging is to remember that your readers want to get a glimpse of your brand’s expertise on specific topics from a conversational perspective.
Blogging differs from most types of writing because it’s incredibly personable and you can pretend you are talking to a group of friends about the topic at hand.
So many people prefer receiving their information from blogs rather than informative articles because they’re easier to digest and usually quicker to read.
Why Is It Beneficial to Have a Blog for a Hair Brand?
If you want to take your hair brand to the next level while engaging every person that finds your business online, blogging is the way to go. Let’s explore the top five reasons that you should add a blog to your site.
1. You can drive more traffic to your website.
Having a blog is an excellent technique for increasing the flow of traffic to your brand’s site.
With the right SEO practices, your posts will show up in a Google search. People will come to your site for the information that they searched for and will click around to check it out even further. Just like that, you have new potential customers!
2. You will have the opportunity to interact with your audience.
An essential element of building a successful brand is to remain very personable to the outside world.
You want people to know that they can not only purchase great products and services from your company, but they can also build a genuine bond with you as well as any staff that you may have. Allow people to post comments on your blog posts and be sure to respond to as many as you can.
You can even start a discussion by asking a question related to the topic within a blog post. See the end of this post for example!
3. You’ll build the trust of your clients by sharing your expertise.
Would you prefer to purchase products from a company that displays no knowledge about their industry or a company that distributes helpful information through written content?
I’m sure you would choose the latter. Having a space to talk in-depth about the field that you’re in will give your hair brand leverage over companies that do not have a blog. Potential and cus want to feel as if you’re an expert at what you do.
So, having a blog allows you to shed light on topics centered around the world of hair.
4. You can use your blog to shine a light on your products and services.
I am a huge fan of a little shameless plug now and then.
If you write a post on the different textures of hair extensions, why not include hyperlinks for your products? It’s your platform, so use it to your advantage to bring in new sales. Find creative ways to insert your links into your posts in a way that does not take away from the flow of the content.
The Private Label Extensions blog has excellent examples of how to use hyperlinks effectively.
5. You can increase your social media presence.
With a blog, you’re creating shareable content that you can post on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and other social sites.
Sharing these on social media is an excellent way to become more visible to a wide range of potential customers. It’s also a unique strategy for engaging your audience because people love to share interesting content on their pages!
Tips for Maintaining and Growing Your Blog
Did you think I would leave you hanging after telling you to start a blog? No! I have some great tips that will help you keep your blog going and growing after you launch.
- Come up with a regular posting schedule. You do not want to bombard yourself with the hassle of creating a lot of posts per week, so maybe start with a blog post a week or two a month.
- Create a monthly content calendar. Never worry about not having ideas for your upcoming posts by planning your topics ahead of time.
- Use original photography or stock photos from a trusted source. Taking pictures from just anywhere on the internet is a DON’T!
- Take advantage of other types of visuals. Using content such as video, gifs and other cool visuals are a great way to keep your reader interested. For videos, use only material that you have permission to use or try developing your video content. That’s always a fun route to choose!
- Make sure your content is not only relevant but also authentic. In other words, let your brand shine through your blog. Don’t try to copy what others are doing – your audience will appreciate what YOU have to offer.
- Hire a blogging team. If you’re looking to post quite often and have the resources to develop a group of freelance writers to maintain your blog for you on a regular basis, go for it! How do you think I got here? (Go PLE team!)
Start a Blog and Watch Your Hair Brand Grow!
Now that you have an idea of how blogging can benefit your business, create a plan of action to launch yours soon.
You’ll discover new ways to use your blog effectively while securing more customers. Your words can turn into more profit and engagement with some great blog content!
Let’s chat – what do you love the most about a company blog (interacting with the brand, obtaining information, etc.)?