Dupe It Up: 20 Hair Dupes To Have For Thriving Hair
Fake It 'Till You Make ItIf anyone knows me, I love a reasonable price for anything I buy. Whether its clothes, makeup products, or a cheaper place to get my car oil changed, I like to save as much as I can. When it comes to my hair, I like to do the same. I always hit up Walgreens or Target to get the best hair products for cheap. And let’s be real, some of these more affordable products are very good compared to the expensive hair salon products. According to the Daily Mail, an average woman in the United States will spend over $55,000 on grooming and styling in her lifetime. The research entails that if you live in states such as California, Florida, or Texas, you are most likely going to spend more than $55,000 in your lifetime. Women in California spend an average of $120/month on their hair. Florida, $130. And, Texas $120. Surprisingly, Women in North Carolina spend $20 a month on their hair maintenance, and that’s just the cheapest state compare to the other states in America. A lot of companies realize that treatment products are on the rise and it is common for people to purchase products that “fix” their hair problem such as frizz or detangling and this adds to their spending habits for maintaining their hair. But, no fear. It’s possible to save on hair products every moment you can.
List of Twenty Hair DupesI have listed 20 hair dupes for your thriving hair that you need to take a good look at. If you want to save big, and don’t mind shopping for decent hair products that work just the same as the more prominent hair industry brands, you’ve come to the right place. Although prices are listed, go ahead, see if you can find a better price, and save, save, and SAVE!
1. Hair Treatment Mask ConditionerHair treatment masks are intended to fix dryness, frizzy, and overly processed colored hair. They bring your hair back to life. Before using a hair treatment mask, shampoo your hair first. A salon brand, the Pureology Reconstruct Repair does the job of bringing life to your hair at $36. Compared, the Tresemme Protein Renewal Creme does the same thing for just $10 on Amazon, and available at many drugstores. Save $26! Original
- Perfect 4 Platinum Reconstruct Repair Masque - $36
- TRESemme Nourishing Rituals Protein Renewal Cream - $10
2. Texturizing SprayTexturizing sprays functions as a dry shampoo, volumizer, and texturizer for your hair and human hair extensions. Both products work just the same and can last for over a year. As a person that loves to save money, I will go with the Kristin Ess Dry Finishing Working Spray. If you are just getting into texturizers, start with that product. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray $45 while the Kristin Ess; Dry Finishing Working Spray runs for $14 at Target. Three times less the hair salon product. Save $32! Original
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray - $46
3. VolumizersWe need volume in our lives, and volumizer sprays do the trick. If you need to add some life to you flat hair or hair extensions, a volumizing spray is what you need for YOUR thriving hair. The Serge Normant Dream Big Instant Volumizing Spray is a high-end spray that's just $25, compared to the Fat Hair "0" Calories Advanced Repair Formula Amplifying Hair Spray for only $11 you can purchase at Walmart. Make your hair look full. Save $14! Original
- Serge Normant Dream Big Instant Volumizing Spray - $25
4. Castor OilCastor Oil is an antibacterial that fights against dandruff and scalp infections, and it helps improve hair growth. It is possible to get castor oil for cheap from NOW Solutions for just $6 for 16 fluid ounces at Walmart versus the Jamaican Castor Oil product for $7 for four fluid ounces and $13 for eight fluid ounces.
- Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor Oil - $7- 4 fl. oz/ $13 - 8fl. oz
- NOW Solutions Castor Oil - $6 - 16 fluid ounces
5. Deep Hair Repair Treatment MasksIf you need a reconstructing masque for VERY damaged hair, the Kérastase Masque Force Architecte is a product that can fix that problem for just $52. Pricy right? What if I told you-you can get a product that does the same thing for $8? The Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask does the same job. It claims to restore extra-dry or over-processed hair with intense moisturization.
- Kérastase Masque Force Architecte - $52
6. Silky Smooth Leave-in TreatmentIt’s always nice to have your hair in a sleek, smooth state. The CHI Silk Infusion is an excellent product to do that. It’s a tremendous leave-in treatment that results in luxurious and soft hair. You can get this 6- fluid ounce product for about $28 on Amazon. Compared to this item, there is the 6.8 ounce got2b Smooth Operator Leave-In Conditioner Luxe Lotion for $8. Get your hair silky smooth for just $20 less.
- CHI Silk Infusion, six fluid ounces.
7. Hair Protection SprayHair protection spray protects your hair from heat damage. Yes, for those you love to flat iron, use a curling iron, hair crimper, etc. this type product is right for you. Both work the same, like magic! The Paul Mitchell Express Style Hot Off The Press Thermal Protection Spray prices at $22 (Walmart may sell it for $14). Compared to Schwarzkopf Styliste Ultime Crystal Shine and Hold Heat Protection Spray, that prices on Amazon price at $11, it’s a steal. No shame in saving money in the single digits.
OriginalPaul Mitchell Hot Off The Press Heat Spray - $22
DupeSchwarzkopf Styliste Ultime Crystal Shine and Hold Heat Protection Spray - $11
8. Styling and Finishing ToolIt’s imperative that you have to have styling and finishing hair products in your bathroom cabinet. Oil treatments that increase shine and prevents frizz. It’s a final addition to any hairstyle and hair texture that will give it an extra umph of luxurious hair. Moroccanoil Treatment costs $44 compared to Suave Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil at $8. It works the same way. Although the Moroccanoil is a tad bit better than the Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil product, Suave is still a great product and steal.
- Moroccanoil Treatment - 3.4 fluid ounces - $44
- Suave Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil - 3 fluid ounces - $8
9. Out-of-The-Beach Hair TexturizerThese products are interesting. They create an out-of-the-ocean texture and enhances your hair waves. The KMS HAIRPLAY Sea Salt Spray is just $17. got2b Beach Trippin' Salt-Infusion Waving Spray which does the same magic. Get texture and piecey waves!
- KMS Hair Play Sea Salt Spray - $15
- Got2b Beach Trippin' Salt-Infusion Waving Spray - $7
10. Holding SprayHolding spray helps the hair stay in place. Can you believe a holding spray dupe can come from the same company? The L'Oréal Professionnel Infinium 3 Strong Hold Natural Touch Anti-Frizz Finishing Spray promises a product that brings dry and dramatic results without stiffness and locking in style with a natural touch. A cheaper product L'Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Hairspray is just $15. The company promises that this $15 gem delivers enough hold to lock in your style while leaving hair touchable and brushable from roots to ends.
- L'Oréal Professionnel Infinium 3 Strong Hold Natural Touch Anti-Frizz Finishing Spray - $28
- L'Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Hairspray
11. Spray MousseSpray Mousse is a light-hold, fast drying foam that adds lift and fullness and you can use on wet or dry hair. Mousse is a favorite hair product that helps thrive your hair and hair extensions. The Show Beauty Lux Volume Mousse is set at $35 while the OGX Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco Voluminous Mousse is a mere $11.
- Show Beauty Lux Volume Mousse - $35
12. Anti-FrizzNo one likes frizzy hair. But thank goodness we have products that can take care of that for us! Kevin Murphy Smooth Again Anti-frizz Treatment is a whopping $32 while Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Anti Frizz Creme is a modest $6, about five times cheaper than Kevin Murphy’s product.
- Kevin Murphy Smooth Again Anti-frizz Treatment, $32
13. Volumizing PowderYou can sprinkle volumizing powder, and it helps to hold the hair and make the hair fuller. The Schwarzkopf Osis Dust It Volumizing Powder is $11 which is very affordable. A similar kind of product made by the same company is the Schwarzkopf Styliste Ultime Biotin + Volume & Texture Magic Volume Powder which averages about $8. Don’t be afraid to save money in the single digits! Although both products are affordable, both products work the same.
- Schwarzkopf Osis Dust It Volumizing Powder = $11
- Schwarzkopf Styliste Ultime Biotin + Volume & Texture Magic Volume Powder = $8
14. Cleansing ConditionerThe cleansing conditioner is known as skipping shampooing--kind of like a two-in-one product. The product works without shampoo-free formulas that cleanse your hair. They contain little-to-no sulfates, and they don’t lather. The Redken Cleansing Conditioner Medium Hair Product is $30 at JCPenney, and the Pantene Pro-V Color Preserve Cleansing Conditioner is about $5 to $7 on the Pantene company website. What a massive difference in prices?
OriginalRedken Cleansing Conditioner Medium Hair Product-16.9 oz - $30
DupePantene Pro-V Color Preserve Cleansing Conditioner - $5- $7
15. Edge ControlThere are many well-performing edge control products, but the ones that I have listed are known to do the best job when taming those little hairs that always get in the way of a perfect hairstyle. While the Design Essentials Sleek MAX Strength Edge Control for Smooth All Day Hold & Style is priced at $11, the Creme of Nature Argan Oil Perfect Edges is $8. Not much of a difference but both work perfectly. The Creme of Nature Argan Oil is a crowd favorite.
- Design Essentials Sleek MAX Strength Edge Control for Smooth All Day Hold & Style
16. Leave-in Miracle ProductThe Leave-in hair product smooths hair, eliminates frizz, restores shine, and enhances your hair’s natural body. It’s an all-in-one product the make sure your hair is always fresh and beautiful. While a five fluid ounce bottle of Miracle 7 Leave-in Mist is $20, an It's A 10 Miracle Leave-In that four fluid ounces are $15. Comparing prices and the number of fluid ounces, but are in the same price range. Both products are virtually identical.
- Miracle 7 Leave-in Mist -5 oz $20
- It's A 10 Miracle Leave In - 4 fluid ounces - $15
17. Restoring ConditionerThis restoring conditioner is an excellent product for those that love their curls. It’s another product that helps to rejuvenate and restore your hair. The twelve fluid ounce DevaCurl One Condition sells for $22 on the DevaCurl website. A dupe, The L'Oréal Total Repair 5 Restoring Conditioner that is 12.6 fluid ounces sells for $8.
- DevaCurl One Condition 12 fluid ounces - $22
- L'Oréal Total Repair 5 Restoring Conditioner - 12.6 fluid ounces - $8
18. Curly Hair Styling ProductHave curls? You probably use curling custard products. It keeps your natural waves beautiful and shiny. Just looking at the fluid ounces and prices, there is a considerable difference between the Cantu Define & Shine Custard that is twelve fluid ounces and $6 at Walmart versus the Kinky Curly Curl Custard Gel that’s eight ounces but $17 from Target. Save $11!
- Kinky Curly Curl Custard Gel - 8 fluid ounces - $17
- The Cantu Define & Shine Custard - 12 fluid ounces - $6
19. Dry ShampooDry shampoos are dry substances that clean hair without water. It’s a temporary cleansing product you can use if you don’t have time to wash your hair. The Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo Invisible Spray sells for $25 for a five fluid ounce bottle compared to Batiste Dry Shampoo that’s only $6 on for a 6.73 fluid ounce bottle. You’re saving $19.
- Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo Invisible Spray for five fluid ounces. - $25
- Batiste Dry Shampoo - 6.73 fluid ounces - $6
20. Soft ShampooShampoo cleanses your hair! If you want to watch your budget, Dove is such a great brand as an alternative. The Redken All Soft Shampoo is $13 while the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo is roughly $7.
- Redken All Soft Shampoo, 10.1 Ounce = $13
- Dove Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo 10.8 fluid ounces - $7
Saving Coins with DupesHair dupes that can help you save money but also keep your hair or hair extensions thriving. Many of these hair dupes are great for budgeting, and you will see the difference in your bank accounts. Saving money is not easy and trying to let go of your high-end salon products is difficult, but remember that it is up to you. Not only are these hair dupes cheaper, but they are genuinely good products that people love to use. Which hair dupe did you like or find surprising? What hair dupe do you use?
More from: Products
I just want to say thank you for this great website. I found a solution here on privatelabelextensions.com for my issue.
What charming phrase
Very remarkable topic
I congratulate, this brilliant idea is necessary just by the way
Leave a comment