Crazy Hair Growth Methods: Do They Work?These days stylists, hair gurus, and curious advocates of hair growth try methods to grow hair for years. The inversion method is one that's becoming popular. But, some practices are questionable and can sometimes be considered hazardous for some. Why would a hair growth method be considered dangerous? Well, I will get to that a little later, but it’s not to say that some methods won’t work at all. If you haven’t tried any, then you have thought about it at some point. The strange hair growth methods that we hear from our YouTubers may have some truth to them, but do they work? Some hair growth methods can be considered dangerous depending on the conditions of the person, and other means are just myths that were eventually proven to be false. The inversion method is one of the most controversial hair growth methods that were made public for years. What makes it so contentious is the possible side effects and the mixed results. Many people get the exact results that are looking for, others who have some of the results and more who don’t get what they expected at all. Regardless of the method itself, curiosity plagues whether the inversion method is the best quick hair growth method for anyone!
What Is the Inversion MethodFor those who are not too familiar with what the inversion method is, allow me to explain. The inversion method is a unique way of getting quick and fast results for hair growth using scalp massages and hair oils. Most people are unaware of the Inversion Method. It is strange because it has the potential to give you the fastest results in the shortest amount of time. This method is for all the girls whose hair has stopped growing (whatever the reason may be) and is desperately looking to grow out their hair. After all, who has the time and patience to grow long hair these days? I barely have time to sit down and eat a meal, nowadays. Therefore, If you are a busy parent, a CEO or a college student whose assignments are piling up like mine, then this is perfect for you! You don’t have to spend more than ten mins a week doing this method, and the results are fast! For those who get the intended results, they say it will give you one inch of natural hair growth within a week of doing it. Of course, for everyone who may or may not perform this method, results can vary from person to person. But, how exactly do you do the inversion method? The tactics may seem strange, but they are, and maybe with the right oils and scalp stimulation, you too can have the result you desire.
How To Do The Inversion MethodThe inversion method is not complicated, and it will not take up too much of your time either. Keep in mind that the result varies from person to person, but who is to say that you will not get the results you were expecting? It does not hurt to try! So here is the best way to perform this method and get the best possible results you could get.
Step #1 Choose a hair oil of your choiceYou can choose olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil and you can also mix oils too if you would like. You could use a few drops of tea tree and rosemary oil, since they are best for scalp stimulation, and mix them in with your favorite carrier oil. I love to use coconut oil. I believe it is the best hair oil and would recommend it to grow hair.
Step #2 Warm up the oil of your choiceDo so in a bowl in the microwave for no longer than thirty seconds. You do not want to burn your scalp in the process. Make sure you don’t boil it because this will kill all the nutrients in your oil. You can also place the bottle of your oil in hot water to warm it up. Cover the bowl or container, if you choose to microwave it, with a plate because the microwave radiations may kill the nutrients of oil.
Step #3 Apply the warm oil directly to your scalp, firstSection your hair and apply the oil, so it has direct contact with the scalp. Apply the rest of the oil to ends of your hair. Pay attention to that part of your hair, because sometimes we forget that the bottom of our hair needs the most love. But, it is okay to focus your attention on the scalp, after all, that is where the hair growth comes from all the time.
Step #4 Invert your head upside down at a comfortable angleYes, flip upside down to where your head is facing downwards. Begin massaging the scalp with your fingertips in a clockwise and anti-clockwise direction. Don’t be too harsh that your hair breaks off. Apply enough pressure to stimulate the scalp and increase a little blood flow. If you find some parts of your scalp dry, take some oil on the fingertips and massage it in that area.
Step #5 Now, massage your head for no more than five minutesTo help you out with time, you could put a timer on your phone. This part is important because more than five mins may give you a headache and for some, you may even pass out.
Step #6 While massaging, try to relax your mindTake these next five minutes and use them as your time for meditation and mind wandering. The increased blood flow absorbs the maximum amount of nutrients from the oils so get that blood flow going girl.
Step #7 After your five minutes are up, sit uprightSlowly stand your head upright and breathe deeply to get the blood flowing back into the other parts of your body and away from your head. You can brush the tangles out after massaging. This part is optional, but you can also cover up the hair with a plastic bag to seal in the moisture. You can do this every day for a week and then take a break for the next three weeks.
Step #8 Leave the oil in for a minimum of two hoursYou can also leave it on overnight and wash it off with your routine of shampoo and conditioner in the morning.
Who Shouldn't Be Doing this Method?I mentioned earlier who should and should not be performing this technique, but I never got into any specifics. The truth is, this method is not best for everyone. If you have low or high blood pressure, ear infections, a detached retina, a spinal injury, heart problems, glaucoma, conjunctivitis or “pink eye,” obesity, a hernia, pregnancy or any serious health problems then you should hold off on doing the inversion method. Also, for my ladies, do not attempt this when you’re on your period. If this method makes you dizzy or abnormal throughout the day, please do not continue with it.
How Does The Inversion Method Work?For those who may be confused as to how this method works correctly, allow me to explain. When you’re just hanging upside down, the natural blood flow is disturbed. The blood now rushes to your upper body. While you’re massaging, the blood flow increases near the scalp. The nutrients from the oils get absorbed better in the scalp because the increased blood flow carries these nutrients and the nutrients help in the production of protein. Protein is what our hair is made of, specifically Keratin. These proteins and nutrients to our hair follicles are where the hair grows from all the time.
Ancient Methods Where the Inversion Method StemsIndia is also well known for many of the yoga techniques we use here in America and other places. The poses are meant to stimulate different areas of the body depending on what we want to see unblocked. Many yogic postures involve an upside-down position such as the famous Downward-Facing Dog pose. Yoga is why many yogis experience healthy hair growth after they’ve started doing yoga on a regular basis. Another great reason to start doing some yoga in the mornings and at night to wind down!
Other Known Hair Growth Methods: Whether They Work or NotYes, there are other crazy hair growth methods out there that work the same way: to stimulate natural hair grown in the fastest way possible.
1. Anti-Fungal CreamSpecifically, Monistat, a yeast infection cream, is a popular method for stimulating hair growth. But it does come with potential consequences that you must be aware of before trying it out. Some women experienced hair loss, headaches, sickness and more while others have seen immediate results.
2. Bull LeavingsThis method is lesser known, and I do not know too many people who tried this out. Some people swear by bull semen and fecal matter (yes, poop), but I am not too sure how you would obtain this stuff unless you own a farm.
3. Cayenne PepperDo not try this one out if you have a sensitive scalp! It has the potential to burn you and cause further problems. Mixing cayenne pepper with oil and applying the mixture into your scalp is growing in popularity. The tingling or stinging sensation you would feel after doing this method is thought to draw fresh blood to the hair follicles and stimulate a healthy growth rate.
4. The PlacentaMany people believe that parts of the placenta, an organ connecting a growing fetus to its mother’s womb, can help your hair grow longer and faster. Of course, many of us may not have direct access to a placenta just yet, which is why many brands are not infusing placentas into their products!
5. Peanut ButterHow often do you use the peanut butter in your cabinet? Now, you have another use for it! Putting peanut butter in your hair is believed to make your hair stronger since peanut butter has tons of protein in it! Warm up the peanut butter, just a little bit, in the microwave for ten to twenty seconds and then apply it to your hair thoroughly. Leave no strand unturned! Put on a shower cap and leave it in your hair for one to two hours. Rinse it out when you finish.
6. Baking Soda as ShampooBesides removing product buildup, many people believe that baking soda’s antibacterial properties are so strong. It promotes hair growth relatively quicker than its all-natural counterparts. Keep in mind that people tie this to hair loss, so even if you don’t have sensitive skin, consult with a dermatologist before switching out your go-to shampoo.
7. Wearing a Shower Cap to BedIf you’ve ever gotten a deep condition at the hair salon, then you’re already aware of the benefits of heat on freshly washed strands. But, if you don’t have time for an appointment with a professional, some bloggers recommend merely sleeping with your shower cap on to trap the heat inside your strands. In the morning, this will leave you with stronger strands that can grow more quickly.
The Inversions Method: Is It for You?The inversion method has many advocates for its functionality. There are also some who believe that the inversion method is nothing more than a myth. They think that the ones who tried this out had nothing but pure luck. That is for you to decide! What works for one person may not work for someone else and so forth. Keep in mind the potential consequences and also that you may not get the expected results you were craving. Remember to take care of your hair and body! Some things are not worth the trouble, but you may get lucky! Have you thought about trying the inversion method? Have you thought about trying other ways? Are you against any means? Was there something that I missed? Leave a comment below! I would love to hear your experiences!
More from: Hair Care