What Are Hair Extensions?
Before we get into the pros and cons of hair infusions, let’s talk about what the different hair extension types are and what you must keep in mind before getting them. We’ll also inform you about where you can get the hair for hair infusions and where you can get them installed.
Hair extensions are a way for people to lengthen or add volume to their hair.
Sometimes, hair extensions are used to shorten one’s hair length. Want to try out a new hairstyle without experimenting with your hair? Hair extensions are the way to go.
Hair extensions can be made of human or synthetic hair. Virgin human hair extensions are the best quality because they are the easiest to manage. They are also the most expensive because of their high quality.
The great thing about human hair is that they give you the most natural look. However, if you’re on a tight budget, synthetic hair extensions are the better option.
It’s important to know that they’re not great for heat styling and you can’t wash them. Despite this, synthetic extensions are suitable for anyone who wants a temporary change in style without breaking the bank.
They do not require as much maintenance on your part as human hair extensions do.
Reasons To Get Hair Extensions
There are plenty of reasons to get hair extensions.
Getting hair extensions doesn’t have to be just about looks. Those who do not have good hair growth can get extensions to add length and volume to their hair.
Those that suffer from hair conditions, such as Alopecia, can get hair extensions as well. If you want to cut your hair without actually cutting your hair, hair extensions are a good option.
If you’re going to add some bounce to your natural hair without adding chemicals to your hair, hair extensions are your best option.
Also, one of the best and biggest reasons to get hair extensions is to add color without damaging your natural hair.
Before Getting Hair Extensions
If you are interested in adding extensions to your everyday look, there are a few things to keep in mind before getting an installation.
Use a professional stylist, unless you know how to do hair professionally. Some of the extensions might look easy enough to do by yourself. But even if you watch tutorials, you risk damaging your hair.
The extensions that you install shouldn’t tear down your hair. It’s important never to install your extensions too tightly. If you are experiencing any pain or discomfort, ask your hair stylist to loosen to them.
Always go for extensions that are of good quality, even if they are synthetic extensions. If you are going the synthetic route, see if you can get a high-quality brand that won’t irritate your hair. You don’t want extensions in your hair that can cause damage later on.
Always remember to take care of your natural hair. Hair that is damaged cannot bear much styling, even if it is a lightweight style. Try oiling your hair regularly and going for regular deep conditioning treatments while your extensions are installed.
Now, let’s look at the pros and cons of different types of hair extension methods, including hair infusion extensions.
1. Tape-In Hair Extensions
If you’re looking for hair extensions that can be installed without much hassle, try tape-in extensions.
These extensions come in wefts that look like tape. They can be anywhere between 2 to 8 inches long, sometimes longer. Each weft comes with either double or single-sided tape tabs cut to fit its size.
The tape is meant to be safe to avoid pulling out your natural hair. Your hair is essentially put between these extensions to switch up your look.
Depending on who you use for installation, the time frame for installation is anywhere from 60-90 mins. Most hairstyles with tape-in hair extensions last about 4-6 weeks.
We always suggest taking them out when depending on the condition of your natural hair.
- The application of tape-in extensions is excellent for those with limited time. Tape-ins should be your option if you want something semi-permanent that won’t take long to install.
- Tape-in extensions are easy to apply since no heat or tools are required.
- Minimal damage to hair since the tape weft is safe for natural hair.
- Reduces the strain on your head since the extensions are light and spread out around the scalp.
- These extensions look natural since they lay flat against your head, and blend in with your hair.
- The extensions can be reused after being removed reapplied with the use of double-sided tape.
- The adhesive on the tape needs to settle for 24-48 hours, so you cannot wash your hair or apply water to your hair until after that period. You also should avoid activity that makes you sweat.
- You cannot oil your scalp while wearing tape in extensions since the tape might loosen and cause the extension to fall.
- Do you swim? Avoid tape-in extensions. Are you going on vacation? Tape-in extensions are not for you.
- Updo’s are not possible with tape-in extensions.
The sew-in method of hair extensions involves creating a horizontal cornrow section of your hair. To install this hair, you have to use a needle and thread. It’s a more comfortable installation if you use the proper weaving materials.
The extensions are quite literally “woven” through your hair. Depending on who you use, the installation time can take about 2-4 hours.
Depending on the look you’re going for, you might encounter a more extended installation method. A weave can be kept in for a various amount of time, it’s all based on personal desires.
- Does not require heat or glue for application, which means that the damage to your hair is significantly less.
- You can apply oil and styling products to your weave without damaging the hair, mainly if you use human hair.
- Ideal for those with thicker hair that need something to stay in place.
- Can last for a long while when adequately maintained
- No visible gaps when appropriately installed, which makes it look extremely natural.
- Not recommended for anyone with fine hair because the braids may not stay in
- The tight braids can cause pain and break your natural hair.
- The extensions can be heavy depending on how many bundles you’ve added.
- All the hair can weigh down your head and cause headaches.
- Require a lot of maintenance such as washing, conditioning, and drying.
- If not washed properly, your weave can become moldy and old. Please, make sure you wash them when they become dirty!
- The presence of cornrows can inhibit what kind fo styling you do.
- Need to be removed by a professional, unless you don’t care to keep the bundles for future use.
3. Clip-In Hair Extensions
Clip-in hair extensions are the best option for anyone who wants longer, fuller hair within minutes.
If you don’t have time to get extensions professionally installed, then clip-ins are great for you! The wefts of these hair extensions come with clips attached to them. All you need to do is clip them on at the roots of your hair. They typically come in a variety of styles. These type of extensions don’t require a professional, so the typical installation is 5-10 minutes.
We suggest removing clip-ins towards the end of your day. Never sleep with them in because they can damage your hair.
- The easiest option to apply
- Freedom to put them on and remove them without the need of a professional
- You can buy them in multiple colors and styles to change up your look regularly, every day even.
- Cannot be left in for extended periods as the clips cause hair breakage. Again, do not sleep with them in.
- Need to be removed before sleeping.
- Their cheaper price range usually means that the hair won’t be that great unless you buy from PLE of course.
4. Hot Fusion Hair Extensions
The infusion method is as intricate as it sounds.
The hot fusion method is pretty involved and requires a trained professional. The installation starts with a keratin U-tip bond that is lined with the silicone attached to the extension.
The extension is bonded to the root of your hair with the help of a heating tool. The silicone lining protects your hair from heat damage, so it’s essential that it’s always present.
These can be a longer installation taking up to 6-8 hours to install depending on the hair stylist.
They can also last a bit longer than other types, which is why people love them so much. You can keep them for about 4-6 months.
- Since the keratin dries clear, you can’t see where the extensions have been attached. They look extremely natural and blend perfectly with your natural hair.
- The installation time of 6-8 hours is tiresome.
- The heat application can damage your hair if the heat is too high.
- These extensions are not reusable.
- Once they are taken out, they must be discarded.
- You may experience headache, discomfort, or itching after application.
- You cannot install these extensions on your own.
5. Cold Fusion Hair Extension
Cold fusion hair extension is similar to the hot fusion method.
The only difference is that it comes keratin-based polymer already attached to the hair. All you need to do with these extensions is attach them to the root of your hair using a unique heatless tool.
It can take a little less time than the heat method but still a long 4-6 hours.
These extensions have a shorter life period than the hot method ones. You can only wear them for 2-3 months.
- The no-heat element of this method reduces hair damage.
- It is applied super close to the roots, making it blend well.
- Works for most hair types, but especially those with fine hair.
- Takes a long time to put in, just like the heat method.
- The clamping tool can cause hair breakage, mainly when misused.
- The hair extensions are not reusable. Once they’re removed, discard them.
Where Can You Get Infusion Extensions in Atlanta?
Now that you know all the different hair extension types, let’s talk about where you can get hair fusion extensions in Atlanta.
If you live in the area, it’s essential to check out these three locations! The great thing about these locations is that they also offer the other extension types listed. Let’s get into the top 3 places to get hair fusions from in Atlanta.
1. Private Label Extensions
We’ve got all the best hair for you! It doesn’t matter if you want clip-ins or hair fusion extensions, we’ve got it. As always, we offer many different colors and styles. Our hair is high quality without the hefty price tag. Private Label Extensions also has tons of deals for you to utilize during your shopping experience. Make sure you check out our location today!
2. Nina Ross
Nina Ross is a fantastic location in Atlanta that offers hair and services for installing that hair. They specialize in hair fusion installations and have excellent reviews for it! They do not disappoint. They also have fantastic services for those with Alopecia and other hair conditions that prevent natural hair growth.
3. Upscale Virgin Hair
This is another incredible location located in northern Atlanta. They are a hair supplier that specializes in hair fusion services. They offer the hair and the installation. They also offer specials in makeup services so you can get everything at once. Make sure to check them out!
As you can see, there’s a lot to love about hair extensions, especially hair fusion extensions. You can switch up your look without manipulating your hair too much. The installation and styling may be lengthy, but it’s worth it. Have you tried hair fusion extensions before? Let us know in the comments! We’d love to hear about your experience.